This week has seen one of the most bizarre diplomatic rows of Donald Trump's presidency. Insults have been exchanged, tweets have been sent, major visits have been cancelled - and this all happened because the US president said he wanted to buy Greenland. It started with an article in the WSJ which, quoting sources, claimed the US president had "with varying degrees of seriousness, repeatedly expressed interest in buying the ice-covered autonomous Danish territory".
diplomatic adj. 外交的；有策略的，圆滑的
· diploma n. 文凭
· diplomat n. 外交官
· a diplomatic answer: 一个圆滑的/有策略的回答
row n. 争吵，争议（argument）
insult/ˈɪnsʌlt/ n. 辱骂，冒犯
· My style of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I 'm after. Sometimes I settle for less than I sought, but in most cases I still end up with what I want.
varying degrees: 不同程度的
· I have tried different diets with varying degrees of success.
express/ɪkˈspres/ vt. 表达，表示
· express views/concern/anger: 表达观点/担忧/愤怒
autonomous adj. 自治的
· Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region: 新疆维吾尔自治区